This is the manual we wish we had when we started doing traffic studies almost twenty years ago. It details the complete process for preparing traffic studies for new land developments/re-developments and we guarantee it will shorten your learning curve. We teach you how to:
- Conduct a thorough inventory of existing conditions.
- Prepare traffic forecasts.
- Analyze the capacity of roads and intersections.
- Determine if roadway or traffic control improvements need to be made for a proposed development.
- Write easy to understand traffic study reports.
Along with this eBook, you’ll get the following FREE Bonus Materials:
- A Sample Traffic Studythat shows you how a typical traffic study is laid out along with standard figures and tables. The sample traffic study also includes a parking study in its appendix!
- A primer on How to Prepare Proposals for Traffic Studies.
- A primer on How to Manage Traffic Studies.
Mike Spack, PE, PTOE is the founder and president of Spack Consulting, Traffic Data Inc, and CountingCars.com. He’s prepared traffic studies for projects ranging from 5,000 acres in size down to a few townhomes. Mike’s led more than a thousand traffic engineering projects in his career – never missing a deadline or going over budget.
He’s also behind the industry leading blog MikeOnTraffic where he writes about traffic analysis, data collection, our profession, and projects he finds interesting. Mike was a municipal traffic engineer before going out on his own, he’s a past president of the North Central Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers and he’s a Fellow of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
A University of Minnesota graduate, his work history includes stops at Bonestroo & Associates, Benshoof & Associates and the City of Maple Grove, MN.
Bryant Ficek, PE, PTOE is the Vice-President of Spack Consulting where he’s responsible for the quality of all transportation consulting projects. He provides traffic engineering and transportation planning services for public and private clients.
A University of Minnesota graduate, his work history includes stops at Benshoof & Associates (where he completed his share of traffic counts), TKDA and at Bonestroo & Associates. He is an active member of both the Institute of Transportation Engineers and the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Throughout his career, he has been grateful for the opportunity to work on memorable projects such as Minnesota’s first Diverging Diamond Interchange at Elk Run and the reconstruction of the I-35W St. Anthony Bridge. His work has also included hundreds of traffic impact studies, from small single stores to complex multi-phased mega-developments.